When we wake up in the morning, the first thing most of us do is check our phones. Scrolling through social media, reading the news or simply switching off the alarm constitute some of our daily routines. Mobile applications have become a necessary and significant part of our everyday lives. We use different applications in our phones that are made on different operating platforms. Though they run independently, together, they make our smartphones come to life.
A mobile application is basically a software application designed to operate on a mobile device such as phone or tablet. There are mainly 3 types of mobile applications – native, web and hybrid. All these kinds of apps have different technology platforms and have their share of advantages and disadvantages.
Native mobile apps are designed for a particular mobile operating system such as Windows or Android. They are intended for specific platforms and thus an app targeted for Apple devices will not run on Android devices. These apps are generally designed using Java, Kotlin, Python, Swift and C++.
- Merits – These apps are developed to run on a specific mobile device platform. Thus they are generally more efficient and ensure speed and reliability in terms of performance. They utilize the native device user interface and hence provide faster and optimized user experience.
- Demerits – The codes used in one mobile platform cannot be reused in the other platforms. As a result, efforts are duplicated for every platform which leads to higher costs and maintenance. Moreover, users have to install every update as and when it arrives which greatly takes up the phone’s storage.
- Merits – Web apps require minimum memory space on phones as users can access them from any device with an active Internet connection. Web-based apps don’t need to customize on a platform and hence, it lowers development costs.
- Demerits – As a user’s personal database is stored in a certain server, bad internet connection can hamper user experience. Web apps are majorly dependent on web browsers of a device. Thus, different functionalities of various browsers can provide varying experiences to users.
As the name suggests, hybrid apps make use of both native and web app elements. These are essentially web apps that behave like native apps. Just like native apps, they can be installed on a device but they run on web browsers. Hybrid apps are created using a mix of technologies like Ionic, Objective C, Swift and HTML5.
- Merits – Hybrid apps are developed more easily and are more economical than native apps. These are multi platform apps which have a single code base. This ensures low cost maintenance and smooth updates. They function well even with slower internet connection and ensure consistent user experience.
- Demerits – Hybrid apps lack the speed and power that a native app possesses. This leads to lower performance and overall optimization in comparison to native apps.
You have to consider a lot of factors while choosing an approach to mobile app development. Most people choose a hybrid mobile application due to its many benefits.
Continue reading “Factors to consider before making a hybrid mobile application.”
Mobile app users are increasing every day at a rapid speed. Mobile apps are offering more than what a website can deliver. They are known for increasing effectiveness for every business.
But getting a mobile app isn’t that easy as it seems. There are many steps one has to go through to get a mobile app that can benefit their business.
Continue reading “How to decide between native and hybrid mobile app and select the right hybrid app development agency”
If you have decided to develop an app for your business, then there must be thousands of questions in your head right now.
On the initial stage of developing an app, there is a lot to the selection you need to do. The very first question would be, what approach do I choose: native, hybrid, or web.
Continue reading “Advantages and disadvantages of a hybrid mobile application.”
Continue reading “What is a Hybrid Mobile Application?”
Finding a new sales channel is a general requirement of all the business nowadays. Whether you have entered into a startup, or have a successful business; you are required to walk along with the time. Living in the 21st century, you know how technology is overruling this generation. They prefer technology to fulfill most of their obligations. We can infer that they carry their world in their mobile phones and appropriate up-to-date mobile applications which facilitate them with every comfort. So, if you too want to upgrade your business with the present circumstances, then you must also expand it online. In case, you are interested in the idea but require assistance through the process; you can contact the Mobile App Development Company in India.
Continue reading “Tips to Develop a High-Quality Reading Application”
Mobile app testing is just as vital as developing an application. On it, relies the success and failure of the app. This is important because if you focus on rushing the testing stage, chances are that your app will be a failure in the app market. Unfortunately, many developers are in a rush to finish developing the app on time and therefore, taking the shortcut method to test an app is not surprising. This is where they fail to identify many loopholes in the app, which may completely ruin the application in future. It is important to understand that testing a mobile app is not child’s play. It involves several rounds of iteration to test all the features and functionalities, and scrutinizing the same activities over and over again until the desired result is achieved.
Continue reading “4 Mobile App Testing Mistakes You Should Avoid!”
Hybrid mobile application development is a combination of multiple techniques and technologies which leverages both mobile web app and native app technologies. Being a cross-platform for mobile application – it offers a different approach for your business to serve a large amount of customers. There are several advantages of opting a hybrid mobile app development for your business. Let’s have a look at the benefits of hybrid mobile application development and how it is helpful in driving customers. What Is Hybrid Mobile Application?
Continue reading “Benefits of Hybrid Applications”
If you thinking about getting a Mobile app developed but are confused b/w Native and Web App, then go through this infographic – It will tell you the Pros and Cons of Native Apps and Web Apps.